Thursday, July 26, 2012

First one

Well This is my first post so, hopefully my son Owen will come home tomorrow. I am ready to start getting back to some semblance of family life.  I just brewed two beers; one is a WPA or a wheat pale ale and the other is a Petite Saison, roughly based off of the one Northern Brewer has.  With that one I used washed yeast from a previous Saison I brewed from a starter that included some yeast from one of my favorite beers, Colette by Great Divide.  Recipes for both soon to follow.  I am hoping to brew a Bierre de Garde with the yeast from the Petite Saison, by washing it again.  This is a new technique for me but I like the simple fact that it doesn't take much effort, as long as you continue to practice good sanitation and I don't have to purchase yeast, which isn't much but with two kids now and the only bread winner, everything counts. 
I am also training for my first triathlon coming up in 2 months, so far it's going well, just need to increase my run time for the 5K, up my bike speed a little and continue to swim in the open water.
Well this is a good first post.  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment